Saturday, April 14, 2012

Practice what you teach (for me!)

For about six years studying in education field... I still keep on learning about becoming a good teacher or educator.  Up to this extend, I still can't guarantee that one day I could become a good educator with a scroll of degree in education. The same goes in my usrah group, the place were we build our understanding about Islam in a holistic way. When I became a naqib few years ago, I realize that I can't push my usrah members to change their attitude or whatever if I'm not doing the same so... this is reality an what had been taught by Rasulullah SAW.

The messenger of Allah would teach through his own noble personality. His behavior would inspire and motivate at the same time. His own actions were the best that can be in every scope of one's life, especially as an educator's.

The Holy Quran says;

لَقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِمَنْ كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّهَ وَالْيَوْمَ الْآخِرَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا

"You have indeed in the Messenger of Allah, the best example for everyone, whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in praise of God"  Al Ahzab 33:21

The ideal example is the example of the Messenger of Allah SWT, who's each and every action and word was revealed by Allah Himself. What better instruction can be than the instruction of the Creator Himself? 

'Amr ibn Al-'As r.a said about the Messenger of Allah s.a.w, "he does not command any good without being the first one to act on it.."

These words encompass a world of beauty in the art of teaching. These must not be a conspicuous disparity between what one says and what one does. If there is, what else do we call hypocrisy? And of course we don't want to be label as a hypocrite person.

Always remember, correcting others is based on correcting oneself. Therefore, I hope that, we will begin with our self so that it could be spread to others... I always believe that by having nothing, we can't give anything...There are still a lot of thing that need to be settled down within our self, yet the work of spreading the right and true message is still on going....

No comments:

Post a Comment